Friday, October 9, 2015

My Oldest Stamp Set

This card uses a little SU! set, called "Teeny Tinies"
 which was a gift from a mom of a sweet boy 
in my after-kindergarten group, some 10 years ago.  It was
the beginning of what has become an ever-expanding stash, 
taking up shelves and shelves and baskets and bins 
of all kinds of stamping goodies in a room of their own.
I'm entering this card in a couple of challenges--
 the "White Space" challenge over at LiveLoveCards and
the challenge to use something from our oldest birthday supplies,

  
Using Neenah Solar White, I marked off a grid of 1" squares with my sewing machine, 
 then I stamped the images in SU! Tempting Turquoise, Delicata Gold,
and Memento Ladybug and Tuxedo Black.  I layered the main panel
with some lightweight turquoise and red cardstock from Joann's, mounting it
all on a card base of Papertrey Ink True Black cardstock.
Finally, I added some assorted gold sequins and 
glazed the hearts with Glossy Accents.

I hadn't used this set in quite a while, so it was sweet to be captured
once again by its charm, with warm recollections of Susie and Zach.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice how older supplies can bring such fond memories! I love your sewn grid and teeny images. Great white space card for LLC Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sewed the grid - so smart! And you've used my favorite colors. :) I remember that SU set - I don't think I ever figured out how to use it! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete