Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire: Exploring the 1940s

I'm fascinated by the 1940s-- some of my favorite styles, stories and films are from that  era.  
 As I looked at Betsy's Pinterest board
 for creating a vintage pattern for one of her challenges,
the gorgeous tablecloths caught my eye with their rich combinations of colors and patterns,
mixing images of fruits and flowers with plaids and checks.


Some of the table cloths had a central design element, surrounded by a large border, 
and often the corners reflected some of that central design.
Here's what I used in making this card:
PTI supplies-- Canyon Clay, Vintage Cream card stock;
Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartruese, Dark Chocolate inks;
scallop square stamp & sentiment from SAF 1940s kit;
small decorative images from Simply Stationery.
Other Supplies--
Authentique pattern Paper from Thankful 6x6 pad
Stampin' Up! Cajun Craze ink;
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.

Thanks for coming to visit... I hope you'll come again!

1 comment: