Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire: Faux Fresco

I didn't have embossing paste to make a faux fresco for one of the Ancient Rome challenges.
Instead, I used a ProvoCraft Distressed Stripes embossing folder 
after I stamped the Soft Stone panel,
with Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice and Onyx Black,
using a blender pen and some Limeade Ice to fill in the laurel leaves.  
I cut a thin space which I filled with a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock,
layering the stamped and embossed panel on another panel of Soft Stone,
 and adhering it all to a Smoky Shadow card base.


I found some recipes (or "receipts" as old Vermonters say) for embossing paste,
but I'll try them out another day!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Way to make it work, Carolynn! Thank you so much for playing along today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Carolynn! I love how you improvised the supplies! The red really makes the card pop!

    ReplyDelete